There are many benefits associated with massage therapy, but you have to decide which type of massage will work perfect for you. While Swedish massage is more popular, you may have to opt for a deep tissue massage to release chronic muscle tension. It is called deep tissue massage because it focuses on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, fascia, and tendons. Just keep in mind that you will enjoy maximum benefits only when you visit a licensed therapist to get deep tissue massage in Richmond VA.
Here are some important benefits of getting a deep tissue massage:
- It reduces chronic pain. There is scientific evidence suggesting that deep-tissue massage is more effective as compared to some conventional medical remedies. It works by increasing blood circulation throughout the body, which in turn reduces the inflammation and alleviates pain as well. It also helps loosen the tight tissue clusters, which in turn can reduce muscle tension and make you feel relaxed.
- It improves your blood pressure. You may opt for deep-tissue massage to reduce blood pressure. It eases tension and stress and lowers blood pressure as a result. Some studies show that getting a deep-tissue massage can help lower your systolic blood pressure by 10.4mmHg. It may also lower your diastolic pressure by 5.3 mmHg.
- It improves your mood. It certainly helps reduce stress, but it also triggers the production of a hormone called serotonin. With an increase in the levels of serotonin, you are likely to feel happy and be in a good mood. This feel-good hormone can also keep you from dealing with cardiovascular disease.
- It helps break up scar tissue. If you have scar tissue in the body, you may benefit a lot from deep-tissue massage therapy. Not only can it break up that tissue, it can also help erase that tissue in the body. You enjoy these benefits because deep-tissue massage therapy improves lymphatic circulation and drainage, which greatly improve range of motion and flexibility in the affected area. You may also be able to reduce pain sensation, which is usually associated with scar tissue. It is due to this particular benefit that many people are asked to undergo massage therapy while recovering from surgery.
- It helps rehabilitate injured muscles. You can also opt for this type of massage if you have injured muscles. It works by stretching your tight muscles, but it also helps by flushing out your muscles. It promotes healing and relaxes your muscles at the same time. You may really want to consider this type of massage therapy to rehabilitate sports injuries.
- It is a perfect remedy for chronic stress. If you have tried a number of ways to deal with chronic stress and failed, it is time to try deep-tissue massage therapy. It can actually help treat side effects associated with chronic stress, such as rigid shoulders, tension headaches, and tight muscles.
Again, to enjoy these benefits, be sure to conduct some research and only work with a professional and licensed therapist to receive deep tissue massage in Richmond VA.